International Donor Development Specialist
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team to cover the role of International Donor Development Specialist for an interim period, based in London or any Save the Children Office location (with flexible and home working options). Engaging, inspiring and retaining our supporters and increasing their value over time has been identified as one of our pillars of growth. Therefore, it is a priority for our Members to recruit an experienced and passionate individual to the Save the Children International Fundraising team
The International Donor Development Specialist will:
- Lead on developing a strong network across Members to drive a significant increase in sustainable unrestricted income through improvements in retention
- Take responsibility for identifying the critical insights and then influence Members to maximise opportunities to increase the value over a supporter’s lifetime
- Create collaborative ways of working and initiatives with the SCI fundraising team to ensure that effective retention strategies are developed, embedded and integrated across our digital and acquisition channels.
- Play a critical role on our humanitarian fundraising work, specifically contributing to the working group for the Children’s Emergency Fund, developing a global proposition launching in 2021
As part of the Member Growth team within Save the Children International you will be motivated by influencing, training and working alongside our colleagues around the world.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in leading on the development of strategies for effective donor development and value maximization in complex international organisations with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of representing an international team and organisation to senior staff at national/international levels to influence their fundraising programmes and priorities
- Substantial proven experience influencing supporter retention and development activities with a demonstrable record of success in reducing attrition and growing value. Experience in doing this in multiple markets is an advantage
- Experience developing and implementing supporter journeys across multiple channels
- Experience in developing organisational strategies and plans and measuring effectiveness
- Excellent skills across mail, telephone and digital essential
- Demonstrable understanding or experience of working within a team with knowledge management and skill sharing responsibilities equivalent in scale and focus to this role in multiple countries including more mature as well as start-ups in emerging markets
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- Experience of working in a support role to a diverse range of fundraising markets
- Strong personal organisational and self-management skills with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- Ability to think critically, objectively, analytically and strategically, solve problems quickly and show initiative
- An assertive and persuasive negotiator
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and speaking mandatory, additional language skills such as Spanish would be an asset
- Willing to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 10 Nov 2020
Closing date: 3 Dec 2020 - 05:44 +0545
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time