Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
The primary responsibility of the post holder is to provide technical support in the Sahayatra II on each MEAL related matters. S/he will be responsible to ensure global MEAL framework including Knowledge Management systems are operating in Sahayatra II. Similarly, the position holder will provide technical support ensuring result frameworks, lead baseline, mid-term, and final evaluation of the project. The MEAL Coordinator will also be responsible to manage information/data and update regularly generated by the project. The position holder will be responsible to ensure each report of the project aligning country as well as SCI global reporting requirements. Similarly, the position holder will be responsible to develop PNGO staff capacity on MEAL functions under the field office ensuring the MEAL mechanism within partner organizations.
Program Design :
- Take lead in conducting situation analysis as per requirements
- Review project log-frame/result frameworks and provide technical inputs
- Facilitate to develop and implement MEAL plan of the project
- Facilitate and ensure all the activities have QBM, they are monitored on the basis of QBM.
- Facilitate and ensure to develop and implement of program operation guideline by each partner.
- Ensure all the partner has allocated enough budget for MEAL implementation.
Baselines and Evaluations:
- Prepare Terms of Reference (ToR) for baseline, mid-term, final evaluation and research
- Identify the areas of the research to be carried by the project and be prepared accordingly in close collaboration with technical persons.
- Design study including sampling frame, methodology and data collection tools
- Facilitate and ensure annual indicator survey of project are conducted on timely manner
- Ensure every survey is conducted on timely manner in program districts
Monitoring and Reporting:
· Support project team in developing/ updating quality benchmarks
- Conduct periodic program monitoring visits against quality benchmarks and provide feedback to the program team
· Follow up with project team for implementing agreed actions plan developed after monitoring
- Provide technical support and guidance to program team in planning, monitoring and reporting
- Involve with project staff to collect case studies/success stories of different projects
- Provide technical guidance in conducting annual indicator surveys (including sampling, data analysis and reporting)
- Prepare profile of SCI working Palikas
- Gather, compile and update project information from available secondary sources periodically
- Review and provide inputs on developing OPMIS for the project
- Develop and maintain sectoral database on beneficiary coverage (total reach) and share with team on a regular basis (Monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Provide inputs in strengthening accountability mechanism in each project intervention
- Provide regular support to project team in the areas of accountability, e.g. information sharing and feedback/ complaint mechanism
- Review monthly accountability report and coordinate with projects team to ensure feedback/complains are responding on timely manner
Evaluation and Learning:
- Lead in preparing Terms of Reference (ToR) for conducting baseline, mid-term and final evaluation
- Lead project evaluation and ensure evaluation reports are produced as per agreed standards (SCI quality criteria)
- Create learning sharing platform to the project staff at field office
Coordination, representation and others:
- Coordinate with MEAL colleagues within PDQ and program operation department
- Ensure PNGOs staff are familiar with SCI MEAL system
- Provide capacity building support to PNGO MEAL staff
- Provide MEAL support during emergency situation
Qualifications and experience
- Master's Degree in Social science or equivalent
- 3 Yrs. experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation
- Interpersonal communication
- Program designing
- Reporting writing
- Analytical skill
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 21 Nov 2022
Closing date: 27 Nov 2022 - 23:59 +0545
Location: Nepalgunj, Nepal
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time